George SyllantavosIndependent Director
Audit Committee Chair
- Mr. Syllantavos currently serves as the Co-CEO, CFO, Secretary and Director of Growth Capital Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company
- He served as co-CEO, CFO, Secretary and Director of Stellar Acquisition III, Inc. from December 2015 until its business combination in December 2018 with Phunware, Inc. (which provides fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile), and has served as a director of Phunware, Inc. since such date
- From May 2011 until February 2013, Mr. Syllantavos co-founded and served as Co-CEO and CFO of Nautilus Marine Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company that completed an IPO on July 16, 2011 and was listed on the Nasdaq. He served as the CFO of Nautilus Marine’s successor, Nautilus Offshore Services Inc., an offshore service vessel owner, from February 2013 until April 2014
- From May 2005 to November 2007, he served as the CFO, Secretary, and Director of Star Maritime Acquisition Corp., and from November 2007 to August 2011, he served as CFO, Secretary and Director of the successor company, Star Bulk Carriers Corp., a dry-bulk ship-owning company
- Previously, Mr. Syllantavos held multiple executive, director and leadership roles in the maritime and shipping, aviation, energy, and telecommunications industries, including serving as a financial advisor to Hellenic Telecommunications Organization S.A., where he assisted with the company’s listing on the NYSE that raised $1.1 billion.
- Mr. Syllantavos has a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Roosevelt University in Chicago and an M.B.A. in Operations Management, International Finance and Transportation Management from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University